Training Q&A with Running Coaches & PTs

Welcome to the Training Q&A with Running Coaches & PTs!

This is the place to be if you are looking for expert advice on training and need help getting the most out of your workouts.

Here, you can ask questions about running, nutrition, stretching, strength training, and anything else related to training - and receive advice from our experienced coaches and physical therapists.

We look forward to helping you reach your fitness goals!

I ran a turkey trot last week and I’m feeling super tired… I also don’t feel like running anymore, is this normal? Will it go away?

Hey Mary, I’m not sure but I also have the same problem sometimes when doing big races, it would be nice to know why that happens

Also, what do all of you guys think about the 80/20 training method? anyone had succes with it?

Hello, I am not a physical therapist but I can certainly say that the 80/20 training plan has helped me so much! I used to do way too much training in zone 3 and I was always super tired and didn’t really enjoy cycling and running that much nor was I improving that much, but about a year ago I really saw a lot of people that liked it so decided to give it a try and now I am feeling happier after training, more fit and injury-free than ever! So definitely recommend it

Yep definitely good, I even do about 90/10 zone 2. Making a ton of progress in running, used to only be able to run 2km and then feeling like I was dying, and now I can comfortably run 10k each week and recover in less than 2 days

Sweet! Very nice to see

what’s 80/20 and 90/10? is that like blood sugar level or something?

definitely not blood sugar level :stuck_out_tongue: It’s a training rule/plan where you do 80 % of your training in zone 2 (endurance). You should be able to hold that tempo for 2-3 hours. The other 20% should be hard. It’s something that can help you stay injury-free while improving so much (when starting out I even recommend doing 100% zone 2 endurance) It’s what I did for my running and it’s sweet. Hope this answer helps!

Ooow allright, I’ll try it! Ignore that I said sugar level… :wink: This makes more sense

1 Like

Yeah you should 100% try it! like I said before, this has helped me become fitter and injury-free so much better than all the other advice out there!

Hey, I am trying it right now, but mentally it really feels difficult to run that slow. I guess I have to trust the process… If you say it works I will have to trust you :wink:

Yep, in the beginning it feels difficult to run that slow but after a while you’ll realise that it helps a ton and then it will get better! Trust the process!

Hi, I agree, the hardest part is mentally!