Interesting reads on marathon preparation

This is a place for runners to come together and share their knowledge, experiences, and advice related to marathons.

Whether you are an experienced marathoner or you’re just getting started, this is the perfect place to ask questions, share tips, and gain insights from others!

Hey Pablo, your blog on injury prevention for marathon runners on is super helpful! Especially those 5 simple exercises! For the people interested in the blog here is the link: Injury Prevention for Marathon Runners

Hey, I totally agree with you, I hate doing exercises but these exercises are just short enough that I do them! have been doing them for some days now and I think it will help me a lot running my next marathon!

I’ll give them a try! Let’s see if they help my knee pain

Found another great article talking about the 80/20 rule for running, for all people that don’t know what it is I’ll quickly summarize: You do about 80% of your training at an easy endurance pace (also known as zone 2) and the other 20% you do hard training (known as zone 3-5). It’s a super good way to stay injury-free when training because most of the time you are going to hard without realising it :slight_smile:
Link: What is 80/20 training?

Now I completely understand what you meant by 80/20, trying a new approach!

1 Like

You’re welcome friend!

1 Like

I can confirm that I now no longer have any knee-pain for those interested! Thank you all!

Hey, I found some information about the Maffetone method, you basically run slower to burn fat to help you run faster. Feel free to read more! I Tried the Maffetone Method for a Year | by Brad | Runner's Life | Medium